Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day 9

27. A voice. The ability both to speak and to have something to say.
28. Movement. I'm really glad I can move myself where I want to go, and I can move my body in many different ways.

29. I'm trying to dig deeper in appreciating the gift of a body. Fundamentally, why even have a body? It houses my spirit. Without a body what could my spirit even do? I don't think it could. Tonight we were talking to the kids about the scripture that says faith without works is dead. I think that's kind of like a spirit without a body. You can have all these ideas about what you want to do, but then your body gets to work and actually does them (or doesn't do them). So I'll be grateful for that today. The ability to DO. To act upon anything. That really is a great gift. Kind of goes with agency. Having a body gives me the ability to take advantage of having agency. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment